Investigating and Addressing the Requirements for Building Integrity in Public Sector Information Systems in the ICT Environment (2006 to 2008)
The project involved conducting seven case studies and carrying out consultations with stakeholders in the fields of public administration and records and information management, primarily representing the eastern and southern African region. Drawing on these findings, the project developed five training modules on electronic records management and related resource materials, a set of good practice indicators and three route maps for moving from a paper-based to an electronic information environment in a safe and secure manner.
Training in Electronic Records Management (TERM)
- Module 1: Understanding the Context of Electronic Records Management
- Module 2: Planning and Managing an Electronic Records Management Programme
- Module 3: Managing the Creation, Use and Disposition of Electronic Records
- Module 4: Preserving Electronic Records
- Module 5: Personnel Records as the Information Base for Human Resource and Payroll Management
- Additional Resources for Electronic Records Management: This resource tool provides information about a range of resources available in the field of electronic records management and other relevant fields.
- Glossary of Terms: The glossary defines terms relevant to records management, electronic records management, information technology and information systems within the specific context of the training modules and guidance materials.
- Integrating Records Management in ICT Systems: Good Practice Indicators: This assessment tool defines internationally recognised good practices and links them to a set of performance indicators that can be used to measure whether the practices are being followed in integrating records management in ICT systems.
- Route Maps: 1) Implementing Electronic Records Management; 2) Designing a Records Management Improvement Programme; and 3) Integrating Records Management in the Systems Development Cycle.
Case Study Reports
- Lesotho: personnel records
- Tanzania: personnel records
- Zambia: personnel records
- Botswana: land records
- Sierra Leone: personnel records
- Ghana: personnel records
- India, State of Karnataka: e-government